What is the National Diversity Database Initiative? (NDDI)
There has been industry-wide support for the Black Lives Matter movement. Statements have been written and an overwhelming number of webinars, articles, presentations, and awards have been announced. This is all good news and a start to raising awareness of the need for change. But, in my opinion, the real work has barely begun. I am proposing a solution to the recruiting challenges that organizations say are a major reason for the lack of diversity hires.
This is a proposal about forming a new national, 501 (c)3 organization. It will enable candidates from diverse backgrounds to be identified and evaluated in confidence for opportunities throughout the United States — in one step, through a new organization: the National Diversity Database Initiative.
It is a simple concept: create a national database for candidates who self-identify as diverse within a broad framework. Set the ground rules for how hiring organizations and candidates may participate.
Here is a link to the proposal developed by Judith Cushman, Judith Cushman & Associates, Consulting and Retained Search services. She also serves on the Public Relations Society of America’s Program Committee for Puget Sound and Silicon Valley’s (SV) DE&I Committee as well as the Board of SV.
Read the whole series:
- Creating a new Organization to Identify Diversity Candidates Nationally (1 of 10)
- The National Diversity Database Initiative (NDDI) is Different from any other Job Bank. (2 of 10)
- How will the National Diversity Database Initiative (NDDI) Yield Diversity Candidates with Traditional and Non-Traditional Experience? (3 of 10)
- How Will Candidates in the National Diversity Database Initiative (NDDI) be Identified and Qualified while Protecting their Confidential Information? (4 of 10)
- Two Critical Steps for the National Diversity Database Initiative (NDDI) to Succeed. (5 of 10)
- Embracing Foundational Values Guiding the National Diversity Database Initiative (NDDI) (6 of 10)
- How Shall the National Diversity Database Initiative (NDDI) be Governed? (7 of 10)
- What is the Detailed Process to Communicate with Potential Candidates for Job Opportunities? (8 of 10)
- What Steps Ensure that the Job-Hunting Process via the National Diversity Database Initiative (NDDI) is Confidential? (9 of 10)
- What are the next steps to building support for the National Diversity Database Initiative (NDDI)? Become a sponsor and contact: Judy Cushman, firstname.lastname@example.org (10 of 10)