–The NDDI respects the individual and the confidential nature of the process. All parties are treated equally, and safeguards are in place to protect the sharing of information.
–Behaviors: The NDDI treats all members of the community with respect and courtesy.
–The NDDI commits to honesty and to treating equitably the individuals who are sharing their biographies and participating as jobseekers via the NDDI. Word word-of-mouth referrals are encouraged from jobseekers to build and refresh the database.
–The NDDI pledges to communicate with candidates in the database in a timely fashion. The NDDI will ask permission in advance to share biographical information from candidates with hiring organizations.
–If candidates are under consideration for an opportunity, the NDDI will provide feedback – whether candidates are of interest for further steps or no longer under consideration.
–The NDDI will ask hiring organizations to pledge to observe these procedures in advance of their use of the resources available through the database. If hiring organizations would prefer an in-depth relationship to partner with the NDDI to meet these guidelines, that can be arranged.
–One of the unique features of the database is the proactive outreach nationally to organizations and institutions that have access to diversity communities. The NDDI pledges to inform these organizations if a referral via their auspices were of interest and/or led to the hire of a candidate. To provide that feedback, the database will be designed to include contact information for the source of a referral.
Read the whole series:
- Creating a new Organization to Identify Diversity Candidates Nationally (1 of 10)
- The National Diversity Database Initiative (NDDI) is Different from any other Job Bank. (2 of 10)
- How will the National Diversity Database Initiative (NDDI) Yield Diversity Candidates with Traditional and Non-Traditional Experience? (3 of 10)
- How Will Candidates in the National Diversity Database Initiative (NDDI) be Identified and Qualified while Protecting their Confidential Information? (4 of 10)
- Two Critical Steps for the National Diversity Database Initiative (NDDI) to Succeed. (5 of 10)
- Embracing Foundational Values Guiding the National Diversity Database Initiative (NDDI) (6 of 10)
- How Shall the National Diversity Database Initiative (NDDI) be Governed? (7 of 10)
- What is the Detailed Process to Communicate with Potential Candidates for Job Opportunities? (8 of 10)
- What Steps Ensure that the Job-Hunting Process via the National Diversity Database Initiative (NDDI) is Confidential? (9 of 10)
- What are the next steps to building support for the National Diversity Database Initiative (NDDI)? Become a sponsor and contact: Judy Cushman, firstname.lastname@example.org (10 of 10)