The NDDI can only be successful if it embraces values that will ensure the long-term viability and growth of the organization as a first priority. Filling one job for an organization or only having contact with a professional job seeker one time about an assignment will lead to the demise of the NDDI.
What matters is that there is on-going dialog between the NDDI and its supporters, the hiring organizations, jobseekers, and referral organizations. It is essential that the NDDI develops regular channels of communication with all these constituencies and shares appropriate news about the efforts to support diversity hiring.
The second guiding principle is that the NDDI is committed to welcoming all candidates from diverse backgrounds and asks candidates to specify details about their qualifications. For example, in addition to identifying as part of the LGBTQIA+ community, other skill sets, and experiences may be: language abilities, global travel, overseas education and/or special education, specific cultural knowledge, and international/overseas assignments. The NDDI staff will be able to query the database for candidates with specific experiences and values. There will be regular annual updates of the records and progress of candidates as they build their careers, resulting in a database that becomes more valuable over the long term.
Review the complete National Diversity Database Initiative (NDDI)
Read the whole series:
- Creating a new Organization to Identify Diversity Candidates Nationally (1 of 10)
- The National Diversity Database Initiative (NDDI) is Different from any other Job Bank. (2 of 10)
- How will the National Diversity Database Initiative (NDDI) Yield Diversity Candidates with Traditional and Non-Traditional Experience? (3 of 10)
- How Will Candidates in the National Diversity Database Initiative (NDDI) be Identified and Qualified while Protecting their Confidential Information? (4 of 10)
- Two Critical Steps for the National Diversity Database Initiative (NDDI) to Succeed. (5 of 10)
- Embracing Foundational Values Guiding the National Diversity Database Initiative (NDDI) (6 of 10)
- How Shall the National Diversity Database Initiative (NDDI) be Governed? (7 of 10)
- What is the Detailed Process to Communicate with Potential Candidates for Job Opportunities? (8 of 10)
- What Steps Ensure that the Job-Hunting Process via the National Diversity Database Initiative (NDDI) is Confidential? (9 of 10)
- What are the next steps to building support for the National Diversity Database Initiative (NDDI)? Become a sponsor and contact: Judy Cushman, firstname.lastname@example.org (10 of 10)