The NDDI shall have a volunteer Board of Directors responsible for oversight and guidance of both staff and operations. The Board shall consist of members of the founding organizations and independent, outstanding leaders in DE&I roles. The number of members shall be determined by the leadership among the start-up volunteer group. The Board shall have the normal authority assigned to a 501 (c)3 organization.
Here are committee functions to be established.
Initially a leadership committee selected from board members or recruited to the committee by the board will determine what functions and in what order these additional committees will be formed. (A drafting committee representative will attend meetings to take notes and share them as the organization takes shape.)
–Structure – How will the NDDI meet the needs of hiring organizations and job seekers?
–Database Committee — This role is critical and foundational to anticipate the needs of candidates and hiring managers and their sourcing requirements. The database will be designed with the flexibility to adapt to growth and the evolving nature of diversity definitions.
–Outreach Committee – This team will build database resources, e.g., by contacting organizations that can refer candidates from diverse backgrounds to sign up and be included in the database.
–Focus Group Research – This is an internal role to identify candidates in the database to ask about their needs and usability. What information would they want to provide? What information would they want to omit?
–Internal Staffing —This team will address the question of how many staffers are needed to maintain client relations, build support at senior levels, deal with clients’ needs and continue to increase the number of candidates in the database.
Review the complete National Diversity Database Initiative (NDDI)
Read the whole series:
- Creating a new Organization to Identify Diversity Candidates Nationally (1 of 10)
- The National Diversity Database Initiative (NDDI) is Different from any other Job Bank. (2 of 10)
- How will the National Diversity Database Initiative (NDDI) Yield Diversity Candidates with Traditional and Non-Traditional Experience? (3 of 10)
- How Will Candidates in the National Diversity Database Initiative (NDDI) be Identified and Qualified while Protecting their Confidential Information? (4 of 10)
- Two Critical Steps for the National Diversity Database Initiative (NDDI) to Succeed. (5 of 10)
- Embracing Foundational Values Guiding the National Diversity Database Initiative (NDDI) (6 of 10)
- How Shall the National Diversity Database Initiative (NDDI) be Governed? (7 of 10)
- What is the Detailed Process to Communicate with Potential Candidates for Job Opportunities? (8 of 10)
- What Steps Ensure that the Job-Hunting Process via the National Diversity Database Initiative (NDDI) is Confidential? (9 of 10)
- What are the next steps to building support for the National Diversity Database Initiative (NDDI)? Become a sponsor and contact: Judy Cushman, email@example.com (10 of 10)